CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 10, 2009

My Handy Manny (aka - Robert)

So after being with Robert for almost 15 years one thing I really took for granted was how good he is with all different things! I just figured all husbands automatically knew how to hang up a ceiling fan, change the oil in the car or even just build something. From our first house in which he built what was called his "Man Shack" (a big storage house) to our second house in which he fixed everything or atleast tried from the pool, to installing new tile counters to our last house in which he pretty much built it! No - he didn't actually build the metal part but he did along with the other men in our family frame out the whole house and did alot of the other things too.
Again I never really realized how lucky I was! Not until atleast I started getting emails several years ago from some friends that were asking for such things as a carpentar to build a shelf, contractor to hang a ceiling fan and yes even someone to pay to hang a large mirror in their living room! My first thought was of course - duh - your husband! But again I just assusmed all men knew how to do those things or at least (in Robert's case) if you didn't know how you taught yourself how.
Another bragging bit I will say is he has also gone from towing a rather large pontoon boat to our 25 foot travel trailer with out showing any fear or concern - I love that b/c believe me I really don't want to be the one driving those things!
My family introduced him to the lake and now he is like a pro when it comes to driving the boat, towing the boat and even fixing it which it always seems to need doing! We also are now campers with our travel trailer and despite him not having any experience with the whole RV thing he does it with the best of them - from towing the huge thing to dumping out all our gross water and all the bells and whistles that come along with it!
Now why do you ask am I so giving my husband a rather large head with this post - well he finaly built out our hall closet. You would think I had won a brand new car! I love it. We have lived in our house for 11 months and despite all the stuff that still needs doing this is a big accomplishment for me. All of my comfy winter blankets have been packed up and shoved into the closet along with everything else. That was definately not something I would show off to people when they came over to see our new place. Any longer and it would have been like that commercial where everying comes crashing down on whomever opens the door! So here are a few pics of the beautiful new closet -


Oh and another reason for all this gushing over him - maybe it will make him hurry and do our master closet now - I can only hope!!
I love you honey!

0 comments: